If you liked anything I said here, please consider buying me a beer!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I'm An Idiot

I am.  Not news by any means, but still as factual as any statement can be.

So I was out in the coop a bit ago, feeding the birds some scratch grains (seed, corn, etc.) to warm them up on this cold and rainy day.  I decide to look for eggs under their perch, which is where they like to lay them.   Open the door, and there is a little brown egg waiting for me.  Hella sick!  I grab it and tuck it in my zippy sweatshirt pocket, thinking enough ahead not to put it in with my phone, but rather in the other pocket with my chap stick.

Shutting the door, I bend down to open the door to the run and toss some grains out when I hear a muffled "crack", and suddenly the left side of my gut is a few degrees warmer than it's counter-part.  Yeah, in that 4 second window between getting the freshly laid egg and bending down to feed my grills, I had forgotten that I had a very breakable and potentially moist item in my pocket.

My smooth move ... 

I'm an idiot. 



This post written under the influence of Brainoil




1 comment:

  1. You blew it!!! Bring an old egg carton out with you next time.

    ReplyDelete